Wednesday, January 14, 2009

You are Watchin' What????

I'm currently watching the Korean version of Hana Yori Dango aka "Boys Before Flowers". I thoroughly enjoyed the Japanese version and not sure what to think about the Korean version until I finish all 24 episodes. I did think that the guys in Japan were "hotter". Maybe it's my preference for Japanese men. (Right Glenn?) There is a Taiwan version also called Meteor Garden that came out too. I heard it wasn't as good, but I'm gonna check it out soon. Hana Yori Dango did do the triple Asia sweep as they say.

I absolutely loved this series based on the manga Hana Yori Dango. I saw all two seasons and the concluding movie in one weekend. Needless to say, I didn't sleep much. So far, I think the guys in F4 here are much more original and believable than the Korean version.


This week will mark the end of this drama and I am sad to say that one of the "good" characters dies off. Kingdom of the Wind is sort of the sequel to Jumong which I highly enjoyed and it's funny to watch Song Il Gook do both the characters of Jumong and then later his grandson who becomes king.

No comments: